Since it’s February and the month of love, I wanted to continue to share the love by posting about the best oatmeal cookies. Technically I add chocolate chips so these are the best chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. 😝 This recipe is perfect to bake for yourself or that special someone. I like to consider them my anytime cookies – they are that good.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, why do food bloggers take forever to get to the point? Just give me the recipe! So here ya go! 👇
1 cup of All-purpose flour (I use gluten free)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of oats (I like to do half larger sized oats and half smaller sized oats)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter (I use dairy free)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 bag of chocolate chips (I use dairy free)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Soften butter and mix with sugars until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, blend together flour, baking soda & salt
- Add dry mix to your wet mix
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet (I grease my baking sheet with coconut oil or use the disposable cookie baking papers – love those things!)
- Bake 10-12 minutes
This will make you about 2-3 dozen cookies depending on your cookie size.
These cookies are so good. And like I said, would make a great surprise for someone special. You could even get creative and cut the cookies into shapes or bake a cookie cake (not sure if that would affect the bake time though). Add frosting! Get creative! Include a sweet note and expect to be asked to bake these 24/7.
If you’d like to watch me bake these cookies, head over to my YouTube channel!
Hope you enjoy!
Straight up sincerely,